Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario (PSSO) is seeking a full-time Education Coordinator with 3+ years experience in a not-for-profit, health related environment. This role requires a natural born leader who is passionate about bringing people together to make a difference in the PSSO community. You excel at building relationships and empowering individuals through education. You thrive in a busy atmosphere and are motivated by challenge. You are comfortable with flexible working hours, enjoy working with volunteers and leading educational events.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Education Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination and management of activities related to education, support services and advocacy that ultimately enhance the quality of life for people affected by Parkinson’s. In an effort to increased the visibility of the organization and programs and services, the Education Coordinator consistently participates in awareness and educational events throughout the PSSO community.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Develop and coordinate new and existing educational programs
- Strategize the scheduling of local educations events such as conferences, webinars and community workshops, etc. throughout the region
- Provide leadership in the awareness of our Parkinson Education Program (PEP Online) and our Getting Connected Program
- Develop and coordinator April Awareness activities for Parkinson Awareness Month
- Research and provide content for our Parkinson Update Magazine as well as our E-Newsletters
- Research and develop resources and brochures as required
- Work with staff team to recruit, train, support and monitor volunteers as appropriate
- Ensure the development and maintenance of educational promotional materials
- Participate fully with the staff and volunteer team to ensure that the operational plan is working effectively
- University Degree or College Diploma preferably in social services or health related discipline
- 3-5 year’s experience in a not-for-profit, health related environment
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to plan, coordinate and lead project activities that support our organization’s mission
- Ability to work with and engage colleagues and multiple stakeholders within the health environment
- Demonstrate ability to supervise and/or coach staff, volunteers in a collaborative and supportive manner
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and display sound judgement
- Awareness and insight into disability issues affecting persons living with Parkinson’s an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel, access to a car and valid drivers license
Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario enhances the quality of life and care for people living with Parkinson’s in Southwestern Ontario.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume to Shelley Rivard, CEO, Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario by email, indicating application in your subject line. No phone calls please.