Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario (PSSO) is seeking a Marketing Assistant (Summer Placements) in Cambridge. Are you are a post-secondary student that is self-motivated but also thrives in a team environment? Do you enjoy design and communications? This may be a great fit!
Candidates must be:
· Between 15-30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
· A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protections has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
· Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
· International students are not eligible
Hours & Wage:
· 8 weeks
· 35 hours per week
· $16.00 per hour
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Assist with the development of materials including web based graphics, social media posts, newspaper ads, print media, etc.
- Assist with the implementation of the 2023 marketing & communications plan
- Provide support to the Manager of Marketing & Communications through building a comprehensive database of media relations throughout southwestern Ontario
- Assist with keeping the PSSO website relevant and up to date
- Assist with the production of videos for digital platform use
- Compile a “story bank” which features people impacted by Parkinson’s Disease for use throughout marketing activities
- Help build content for future newsletter publications
- Other duties as require to support the Manager of Marketing & Communications
- Registered in a full-time post-secondary education program
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a diverse workload
- Strong customer service focus with a sensitivity to the needs of people living with Parkinson’s
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use good judgment in working with confidential and sensitive information
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work on own as well as work as a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Canva, Adobe programs considered an asset
Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario enhances the quality of life and care for people living with Parkinson’s in Southwestern Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your resume to Shelley Rivard, CEO, Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario by email indicating application in your subject line. No phone calls please.